Saturday, May 02, 2009

Forensic Art - Louis Gibson


Back in 2005, I was researching info online and found a book called Faces of Evil by Louis Gibson. I bought the book from Amazon and was intrigued after I read it quickly in one evening. Louis Gibson is a sketch artist for the Houston City Police Department. Her sketches have helped catch many criminals over the years.

I then enrolled in the Forensic Arts class that Louis Gibson teaches in Chicago. It was for 5 days and was very worth while. And I always enjoy going back to Chicago as it is one of my favorite large cities in the US. I had thought about becoming a sketch artist myself. I haven't really practiced much in a while. I had found out the jobs generally do not pay very well or not at all in some cases. The whole premise is police sketch artists are underutilized in solving crimes. I hope one day to pursue sketch artist work, assuming I can fit art into my busy schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home