Thursday, April 23, 2009

FishNet Security Summit in Atlanta 4/22/09


For the first time since it has been sponsored in Atlanta for about 3 years now, I was able to visit the FishNet Security Summit this week. I encourage others in other parts of the US to attend this FishNet seminar or one similar to it if you are near by. You can check out their Events listed here.

There I wanted to meet 2 Security Catalyst Community members (SCC) that I have gotten to know online, but not yet in person. Andy Willingham, one fellow SCC member, told me about this FishNet vendor presentation a while earlier, so I appreciate that and also getting to know Andy in person and for him letting me know about this conference. Another member, Martin Fisher another fellow SCC member, was one of the keynote speakers. I got to sit and talk to both Andy and Martin a while. I stayed for most of the presentations and enjoyed the freebies that FishNet and the other vendors gave out. I spoke to about 4 vendors, including Symantec. I then had to head back to work and finish up during a busy work week.

I really enjoyed getting to know and talking to both Andy Willingham and Martin Fisher from Security Catalysts forum. I hope one day to see them again soon. They gave me some great infosecurity tips, such as listening to more podcasts. I haven't yet set up to record podcasts to CD-R to listen to them in my car during long commutes.

Martin Fisher, another fellow SCC member, gave an excellent morning keynote speech. Martin spoke about the difficulties in leading the Incident Response team at Delta Airlines. Martin did a superb job of explaining how he has the manager of the Incident Response team has to make on-the-fly decisions during some very high stressful job situations in protecting the network security of Delta Airlines. Martin's personal stories make his presentation very lively and very worthwhile to listen to. I highly recommend Martin's presentations. You can learn more about Martin by following him on Twitter: Martin Fisher's twitter account is armorguy.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Armorguy said...

Marnie,

I was very glad to meet you at ESS... I'm happy you enjoyed my preso and I hope we can meet up again soon.

-Martin

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger my0p said...

Thanks, Martin. I am a bit slow in keeping up my blog and just noticed your comment on 6/2/09. I look forward to meeting with you again sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home